Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Eye problem?

I talked to SSD about this, and the director seems to think it is not a problem what so ever. But it is alarming me, and i'm keeping a close eye on it.

1. Notice above his right eye the light colored patch. It is bald and pink. Somewhat raised.

2. Recap: Back when I was @ CHOP Winston was seen for two bald spots on top of his head. Perfectly cemetrical. The dermetologist tested for a few things (Ring Worm, Mange, ect) and it came up negative. They used a fungal spray and antibiotic and it cleared up. SO! Now, under both eyes, he has two small patches beginning to bald!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments welcome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad for Winnie! I wish i could help....but as you know I know nothing about a. dogs and b. doctor stuff :-) Love you!

Lisa said...

Poor Winston!! It looks to me like he is having an allergic reaction but I'm certainly no expert - are there any raised, swollen areas that would indicate being bitten? Has he been itching at his face a lot? Poor guy :(

I think you are right to keep an eye on it even if others don't think it's a big deal, you know Winston best!

Anonymous said...

LINZEY WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

symmetrical

you are a sucker! all over!
i am going to have a damned allergic reaction if you do not start writing or calling!

i will be home alonesome and terribly soused all weekend. you may reach me at (717) 243-SLUT (7588)

hope you are well
sorry to be so vulgar in a blog about dog care

yours. spellcheckXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey Linzey!! I'm sorry Winnie is having these problems. Did a doctor from VHUP confirm that Winnie's fungal culture and skin scrape were negative? So if it's not a fungus, or a mite (demodex, sarcoptic mange), then one of the things it can be due to is allergies (atopic or food). There are also other things that could cause these lesions (just not high on a differential). Definitely take him to get checked out. The vet might suggest doing another scrape or culture. I hope everything is going well. Thanks for the pics!! Keep me posted on Winnie.

Alex said...

Its difficult to make a blog interesting. Your a master! I wonder if you will keep the good job. I will return to see :-))
Jeff - Nail Fungus fungus get nail rid