Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Overcoming a new hurdle!

Today marks a huge accomplishment for SSD Winston!

He opened a door that was between him and "finding grandma".

For real.

I was finished with my nebulizer treatment and needed it turned off so I told him the usual "speak" to get my moms attention, because the door was shut. After twice my mom still didn't hear him. I wanted him to go over to the door and bark (so it would be louder) so I told him to "go find grandma" as he neared the door...just as I was about to say "speak" out of the corner of my eye I saw him lean towards the tug. As quickly as I could I encouraged him to "open!!" And sure enough, with a gazillion wags of his tail he opened the door and pranced out to "find grandma".



I WAS BLOWN AWAYYYY!!!!!!



He got some serious gourmet jackpot treats for that one.





This evening we worked on positioning for when I brush him because i'm in a new wheelchair. He did excellent. Stood perfectly still for ten minutes while I brushed him. The new picnic table's benches work great! Perfect height and stability for him.

<3

No comments: